The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Got some good writing time in today, although didn't move very quickly. I'm not sure how much I did; the chapters are running together in my head. I'm getting more in through dialog, but now once again I'm at a point where I've got to explain some backstory. What will probably happen is that I'll do my best with it, then later I'll see it's not working and redo it, then later I'll see that's not working and redo it again. And so on and so on.

The painful travails of a character-driven author trying to work with plot. Not a pretty sight. Might as well ask me to put an engine together from scratch and then expect the thing to actually work, when I don't even own any tools in the first place.

Blog Archive