The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Worked through the remainder of a chapter yesterday, rather perfunctorily, but I got it done. Will keep on today, perfunctorily or otherwise. For this next chapter, I have a list of info that could naturally be brought in by already occurring events; I'm going to see if I can focus the scene and get this info in through dialog--make the point clearly and cleanly, then move on. If I can do that bit by bit throughout the book, perhaps most of the interior monologue-y explanation will eventually disappear.

Only one way to find out.

Blog Archive