The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Family stuff today--no writing.

I'm looking at the Syd Field plotting paradigm that's supposed to do away with the saggy middle, and it's very clear to me that I have the big pieces here. I already have the inciting incident, of course. Plot Point 1 is obvious, as is Plot Point 2. The all important midpoint is there, too; everything changes for all three characters when this happens.

I just don't know what to do with this info. Maybe because the midpoint is set off by one character realizing something. That doesn't seem very interesting. It just doesn't seem quite right, like I'm missing something. Maybe I'll see if I can find some examples to look at.

Blog Archive