The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Pludged all the way through the chapter, which turns out to be Chapter Eight. Will it stand up to later scrutiny? I doubt it; nothing else has. Nonetheless, it is done for now, except I think I left one transition unfinished. Still, it is a relief to see the blank white chunk of space that says this chapter is over. I think at one point that sucker (Ch. 8) must have had a billion pages of cr*p to sort through, select and put in some kind of order. Now it doesn't look like my dog chewed up 15 pages of dialog and barfed it into a pile. No, now it looks like a second grader was making a collage and pasted a bunch of mildly related snippets together. That's the kind of thing I have to call "progress," at this stage of the game.

Blog Archive