The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pludged through some of chapter nine, not sure how much. I keep realizing that I'm too much in the character's head, so I try to fix it. Then I realize that I'm not enough in the character's head--so I try to fix it. And now I'm coming up on a part where I have to rethink an entire confrontation because the style, depth, and meaning of the story have changed. I was getting in all this info in, but I have to go back and gut it--and, now that I think about it, redo the skeleton of the scene, too. Pull out the guts, decide which bones get to stay, and figure out how to put those together. Then put some new guts in. Yow.

Blog Archive