The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Pretty good writing day. I went over chapters 5, 6, and 7 again, and they feel like they're in good working-draft condition. Not great, but the essentials are in place for revamping later. They have a little focus and do make a point here and there, if clumsily.

We'll see about tomorrow. I would like to be able to dig in as productively as today, because there's a little extra time for uninterrupted work. Maybe tonight or in the morning I can think what I want to try to do with this next chapter, which is the last chapter before things start happening and I don't have to worry so much about focusing scenes for a while. Because, you know, everybody's running around like crazy and trying to escape and rescue and such.

Maybe I should think about what I want to set up for later, what needs to be established. But I'd sort of prefer to just let the characters hang loose and interact. If they're just going to do plot chores, they're not very interesting or very much fun.

Blog Archive