The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Friday, October 3, 2008

No writing today. There's just too much other stuff that has to be done.

I am getting very antsy and restless. I feel wrapped too tight, like a snake that needs to shed its skin. Like I need to break out creatively--stretch creatively--but I don't have the craft or skill to do it. My needs have outpaced my ability to learn. My learning may catch up (or it may not), but even if it eventually does, I feel sure I'm in for a fairly long spell of writing that falls short of what it could be.

I was even thinking about taking the GN out of GN format and playing with it. I don't know that this would be productive as far as the ms is concerned. But boy, does the idea of trying to filter a piece down to purity appeal to me right now.

I decided I'm going to try to mail what I have of the swordfighting ms to offline writer friend tomorrow, if it's not totally horrendously offputting and unreadable. It's probably better to send just this bit anyway because it's got to pull the reader through chapter by chapter. I don't know what I was thinking, with all that "I've got to get through the turning point before I send it." That wouldn't be as helpful. The beginning has to stand on its own, not on stuff the reader doesn't even know is coming. Duh!

Blog Archive