The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

No writing yesterday; too busy. However, I am now determined to squeeze at least a little bit of WIP work in every single day. Every. Single. Day. Whether I have time or not, whether I'm overwhelmed with other stuff or not.

I have noticed that not getting in writing time markedly affects my mood and ability to cope with the non-writing side of life. Stress of one kind or another is fairly constant chez Jenkins, and it's very clear that something about delving into a creative inner life has a vaguely prozac-y effect. I don't know if this is something that had to be built up by writing nearly every day for years, or if it's my mind's pathetic last-ditch reaction to stress. Either way, the difference is marked, and has been for some time, and so by god I'm going to pry writing time in every day, even if it's just rewording one paragraph on the way to bed at night.

Blog Archive