The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Friday, November 14, 2008

I feel very uneasy about picking up where I left off yesterday. So today, the choices are a) power through anyway, b) print out and read to see if that gives me some momentum, or c) skip to later in the ms. I think I'm going to skip, because I don't feel right about powering through today, and I don't think printing out is going to help any.

It seems likely that part of the problem is that I'm coming up on this big emotional deal that's also a plot point the ms needs to make. I'm out of my league emotionally and the plot thing is making me question my whole premise. So I think I'll skip and see if I can get my feet back under me on both counts. Maybe I can work backwards in chunks, and over time that will whittle the parts that cause me unease down to small manageable bits between nice big sections that I feel good about.

Blog Archive