The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Today is one of those days where I don't want to write at all, because it feels pointless. It feels like whatever I write will not be good enough to sell, and even if it is good enough for that, it will be as invisible after it's published as it was before. Who wants to spend time trying to write something good and not only failing, but failing in public? Because everybody knows that cream rises to the top, and if you don't rise to the top it's because you're a loser. If you aren't known, it's because you're not good enough. If you can't make a living at writing, it's because you aren't good enough. You are a loser with a capital L and a capital E. Lose. Er.

I have no argument to make about any of that--just thought I'd get it off my chest before I force myself to write.

And so, back to the WIP. I think I'm somewhere around p. 12?

Blog Archive