The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hmm, I'm not working hard enough. I did some w-f-h yesterday, but I could have gotten some of my own writing in if I'd set my mind to it. I did not.

However, I'm not going to be hard on myself just yet. For some reason having part-time outside work can throw me off, and I know it. When I was tutoring just sixteen hours a week, I was able to do a little writing of my own--until administrative hassles starting coming down. Then, even though the hours were the same, I suddenly wasn't writing anymore. Some outside work (including w-f-h) can leech over and mess up my ability to write, although I'm not sure how or why. Some outside work does not leech over--I'm not sure how or why on that, either.

Right now I'm tutoring and doing w-f-h, and--this may actually be the key, who knows--I have not had the house to myself for weeks and weeks. Nobody's bugging me, but there are people in the house making noise and messing things up and needing at least basic care like laundry and food.

Still, I need to try harder, because otherwise down the road I'm going to end up with zero work done on my WIP, and the whole point of living hand-to-mouth and not having a regular job is so I can work on my own writing. If I don't try harder to work every day, I'm going to feel like sh*t at some point not so far down the road. And rightfully so.

Blog Archive