The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Friday, January 9, 2009

No writing (of my own) yesterday or today. My brain is fried.

It was interesting yesterday, though, because I am not an idea person, and I have been a bit concerned about coming up with enough ideas for this w-f-h project, which involves a lot of little pieces of writing. Yesterday morning while I was still asleep, right before I woke up, I was having some dream (don't remember what). I think I was working towards waking up, and in the dream my brain started tossing words at me, just single words that could be developed into ideas. Cave. Shark. Twins. Sloppy. Etc. I knew I had to remember the words, and I did remember a lot of them. Sure enough, after I was up, the words sparked enough ideas to come up with this current batch of pieces.

Now it just needs to happen again. However, it has never ever happened before in my life, so I won't hold my breath.

This morning I dreamed I went to a game shop with the Jonas Brothers to buy the game of Go. Interesting, but not helpful.

Blog Archive