The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

No writing yesterday. I have had trouble settling in to write today because I liked that book I read so much that I'd rather be reading it again than working on my own stuff. It transported me in a way my WIP is unlikely to do today. However, I must try to work myself back into a WIP state of mind.

I'm not sure what to do. I need to find something halfway dramatic to work on, to have a chance of forgetting about what I just read in lieu of this ms. But I already wrote the dramatic death scene. Maybe I'll jot down a list of scenes I have, and see if some kind of arc comes to mind. Or hooks to work on, or something.

Hmm, I have 26 pages written. How did that happen? Most of it is in bits and pieces, I'm sure. Better not look too closely, or I'll see that it's not really 26 pages and be disappointed.

Blog Archive