The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Didn't get nearly as much writing in this weekend as I should have. I feel okay about what I've written, but don't know whether it will stand up later when I have to pull back and look at the whole thing.

I need to think about the part I worked on today, which ended up feeling pretty good, and the part I worked on the other days, which I felt/feel very tentative and iffy about. In both, my main characters are observing people new to the reader. One observation is from a distance, and that's the one that feels funky. The other has interaction, affection, familiarity. Right now I don't feel terrible about the first one feeling a little "off," because later there will be interaction close up--so maybe there's something to chew on here, maybe there's something to show. Maybe the scenes need to contrast. Maybe what's "funky" now is really a jumping-off place for getting these scenes carved out properly so that they play off each other and deepen whatever points need to be made.

Lots to think about.

Blog Archive