The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

downer of a post--unjaded, beware

Bad day. I'm going to try to work a little, but I'm very doubtful about the whole project now. There's no reason to think the story's capable of being pulled around to a proper ending, much less that I can do it.

The former GN is almost as far from being a completed ms as this one is. I'm out of money, and I not only don't know how to write the books I want to write, I don't know if they're able to be written, period--if they can be made into completed, satisfying books that will stand alongside others on the shelves as worthy reads.

The air conditioner repairman is coming--unlike the overdue checks from two editors, one tutoring-boss replacement, and one ex. Sometimes you've got to wonder if the universe is actively pushing you to pack it in on the writing, and isn't going to let up till you do.

Blog Archive