The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

How do you know what to show and what to tell? Trial and error sucks. It's exhausting to sit down to a blank chapter and know that I'm probably going to write it wrong ten times before I work around to something even remotely heading in the direction of being right. It's hard to get started on a day's work that might well end up with me in the clueless middle of wrongness.

But what else is there to do? It doesn't get written if I won't pull it up and work on it. Gawd. Now I know why all those writers drank.

Blog Archive