The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's gotten pretty obvious to me that I'm not going to be doing any writing of my own for at least two-three weeks. I might be able to do some thinking about my writing, but we'll see.

I am bitterly disappointed by the fact that IFC has stopped having Samurai Saturday. I asked them about it, and they replied:

"In 2010, our inventory does not have an adequate amount of Samurai films to sustain a consistent weekly airing."

I can't express how much this sucks. Samurai Saturday was like a good librarian; it put stories into my hands that I never would have sought out or even heard about otherwise. Even if somebody just told me about certain movies and recommended them highly, I probably wouldn't take the time to get hold of them myself and set aside time to watch them. But there the movies were, all kinds of them, right in my hands--my mind and creative eye expanded exponentially, and all I had to do was get up and be in front of the TV at 7:00. a.m.. Damn.