The reasons for this blog: 1. To provide basic author information for students, teachers, librarians, etc. (Please see sidebar) 2. I think out loud a lot as I work through writing projects, and I'm trying to dump most of those thoughts here rather than on my friends.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Today after packet work, I pulled up the dystopian and jotted down a few bits that will serve as the starting point for writing a set piece chase/fight scene to go near the end. This will take place (unless something changes) in a wilderness of multi-storied trees and twisted metal girders. I'm trying to keep in mind my experience in writing fight scenes for that w-f-h project, because this is a different ball game from what I usually do, with different rules, standards, and also the feeling of forward progress is different. It's more like laying down a craft base, and the art and feeling comes with later layers. At least, that's how it worked with the w-f-h scenes.